Surprisingly, fall is a great time to buy a home. There are still homes on the market which did not sell during the summer months, some at deep discounts. There are also homes newly listed by sellers trying to beat the slower winter months. At the same time, there are fewer buyers out searching, which makes it the perfect time to buy a home. So, if you are in the market to buy a home this fall, start with these 5 tips:
* Call Amy K at 708-415-2731 to get started.
* Fall home buyers should be ready to move when they find the right home and at the right price. Get prequalified so that you can jump at the right opportunity. My team of lenders are the best out there and always ready and willing to help my buyers, no matter what their story.
* Notice the imperfections. With windy or rainy weather, homes can show their scars. Look for evidence of water intrusion and evaluate the yard debris with the falling leaves. Look at gutters and ceilings for both. Once you've found your home, my preferred inspectors will do a thorough inspection to look for any other imperfection that we didn't see during our showing.
* Visit the local school. With school in session, this is a good time to visit and ask questions from teachers and administrators.
* Wait for winter if necessary. Buyers all but evaporate in the winter months, so while the competition seems low in the fall, wait for the right home to come along, even if it’s in January. Don't settle on anything less than your dream home........as long as it fits into your budget.
Buying a home this fall is exciting. By using the season to its advantage, home buyers can get a great deal. My team is ready to get you into your perfect home this fall.